Shift Energy is an engineering and project development company focused on waste-to-renewables projects. Our unique technology design eliminates landfills, and is based on mature, commercially proven technologies. From our headquarters in California we pursue projects within the US as well as abroad.
Shift Energy integrates commercially proven technologies in a unique design that optimizes the creation of renewable products such as fuels, chemicals and electricity.
Shift Energy’s design integrates technologies that are:
✓ Mature, proven, commercial scale
✓ Flexible and efficient in handling a variety of feedstock
✓ Emissions free with zero Environmental impact
✓ Capable of simultaneously producing standard drop-in renewable fuels, green (base load) electricity, and other valuable byproducts
✓ Energy self-sufficient
✓ Operated in a cost-effective manner
We believe industrial processes can be sustainable, have zero environmental footprint and be profitable.
We create value from waste.
Shift Energy is designing and developing several projects. Our first biorefinery, located in Brazil, will produce drop-in renewable diesel and jet fuels that meet or exceed ASTM specifications.
Shift Energy has been publicly awarded land and tax incentives from the Brazilian government. Additionally, from March to May of 2015, Shift Energy conducted one of the most extensive waste characterization studies ever done in Brazil at the local landfill, following international standards. The data obtained from the study and the resulting laboratory analysis form the basis for the accurate engineering design of the first plant.
LOCATION ADAPTABLE - CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION
Shift Energy’s holistic approach to each project considers available needs, requirements, resources, as well as opportunities in the location, with the aim of aligning solutions for efficient results. To that end:
• Each project has a customized system design. We do not use one technology to solve all problems. Rather, each project solution is designed to conform with each site local and regional resources.
• Additional technologies, like pyrolysis, fuel cells, and electrolyzers, may be used to achieve maximum efficiency, generating by-products to meet local needs or demands.
• Renewable diesel, methanol or hydrogen PLUS electricity are all feasible as primary or secondary outputs.
• Scalable modular design allows for growth and addition of technology to achieve new, different outputs, ensuring profitability and reducing risks.
• Zero-emissions design, with clean process achieved through a combination of existing technologies.
• As new technologies evolve, over the course of each biorefinery’s operations, advancements can be introduced, boosting production and accommodating the ever changing market and demand.
Shift Energy's team is composed of professionals with many years of experience in energy, project development, legal and project financing.
We are well equipped to support the success of our project, increase the value to our shareholders as well as providing the intended social and environmental benefits.
FDNE Can Finance Diesel Production from Solid Waste
SUDENE's Board of Directors approves a renewable energy production project that will use solid waste (garbage) to manufacture high quality diesel with lower sulfur and particles emissions...
U.S. Manufacturer Studies Plant Implementation in Alagoas
Secretary of State for Planning and Economic Development, Poliana Santana received in Brazil the director of the American company Shift Energy, Paul Macera, to discuss the possibility of the installation of the company's first plant in Brazil, which should be based in Alagoas...
Alagoas negotiates the coming of American biofuel manufacturer to Brazil.
The Brazilian biofuel industry may be about to get a great ally for the sake of development...
Shift Energy Holdings, Inc.
1590 Rosecrans Ave, Suite 327D
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Phone: +1 (310) 426-2670
Fax: +1 (310) 507-2000